This qualification reflects the role of entry level community services workers who support individuals through the provision of person-centred services. Work may include day-to-day support of individuals in community settings or support the implementation of specific community-based programs.
At this level, work takes place under the direction of others and supervision may be direct or indirect. Work may take place in a range of community services organisations.
WHY SHOULD I COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
This qualification is designed to build on participant’s basic skills and will equip them with skills and knowledge to fulfil a large number of roles such as:
• Community Worker
• Support Worker
• Client support roles
1. CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
2. CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
3. HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
4. HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
5. CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs
6. CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
7. CHCDIV001 Work with people with mental health issues
8. CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
9. CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
10. CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
11. CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
12. CHCCDE003 Work within a community development framework